PEORIA, Ill. (WEEK) — It is unclear when the Qdoba in Peoria will reopen, after a grease fire over the weekend.
Firefighters were called to the restaurant, located at 1216 W. Glen Avenue around 7 Sunday morning.
When firefighters arrived, they looked through the front door, and found the stove on fire.
They entered, and quickly determined the suppression system was not activating. So they quickly grab fire extinguishers to put it out, and then manually activated the exhaust system to remove the smoke.
The health department was notified.
No one is injured.
Damage is estimated at $6,000.