No one injured in Peoria garage fire

PEORIA, Ill. (WEEK) — An unattended candle is to blame for a Sunday night garage fire in Peoria.

It happened around 10:20 PM Sunday night at 1031 Northeast Glen Oak.

There, firefighters found smoke coming from the roof of the two story detached garage.

The fire was put out within five minutes, and no injuries were reported.

In a statement, Batallion Chief Rick Morgan says the resident informed firefighters he was using a candle to light the second floor of the garage while cleaning and organizing earlier in the evening.

After leaving the garage, he later found smoke and fire coming from the area he was cleaning.

Damage is estimated at $6,000.

John Kendall

John Kendall

More News
25 WEATHER TRACKER FORECAST
Havana
76°
Macomb
Lincoln
77°
Lacon
Bloomington
75°
A beautiful weekend

Doesn’t it feel like fall?! Believe it or not, we’re in for a couple more nice days! Start of the Weekend: We’ll see clear skies and

Read More »
Connect with 25 News
watch live week
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content