Fill The Crib is a community wide baby shower to collect much needed items for Crittenton Centers’ Crisis Nursery.
* We have over 20 different locations throughout the Peoria and Central Illinois.
o Crittenton Centers
o Great Clips (20+ Locations)
o Peoria Civic Center
o Crittenton Centers
* 13th year
-Formula (preferably small powder cans)
-Diapers (preferably size 4, 5, & 6)
-Pull-ups (size 3T,4T,5T, and 6T)
‘Fill The Crib’ specials
* A lot of locations are offering incentives if you bring is a donations
o Great Clips – $5 off haircut
o Eli’s Coffee! – Donation Creation Drink
o Hy-Vee – Grab bags of items needed
o BushBaby – $5 off coupon
o Communication Junction – 1 Sign Class
What is the Crisis Nursery?
* Short term emergency and respite care for infants and children ages birth – 6 whose parents/caretakers are experiencing a crisis situation such as domestic violence, homelessness, medical related issues, and parental stress.
* We also provide parenting classes and support services.
* FREE to those in the tri-county area (Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford)
* We continue to see an increase in admissions. Last month, we had over 450 admissions.
Child Abuse Stats:
* Peoria county had 1072 pending cases of abused and neglected children on file in 2018
* Each day, five children die as a result of abuse and neglect with three out of four being under the age of 4.
* On average, a child abuse report is made every ten seconds – a total of about three million child abuse reports annually.
* About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children.
* Children who experience child abuse and neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile, 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult and 30% more likely to commit a violent crime.
How does ‘Fill The Crib’ benefit the Crisis Nursery?
* Since the Crisis Nursery is a free service any type and size of donation helps.
* Items collected through the ‘Fill The Crib’ campaign will be used in the Nursery as well as given out to the families we serve.
What can viewers do to help?
* Donate an item at a drop off location.
* Promote ‘Fill The Crib’ through their network.
* Consider hosting a ‘Fill The Crib’ at your work or in your social circle.
* Make a donation through our website using on-line registries at Amazon and Walmart.
* Become an on-line monthly donor or text “Give2Kids” to 44-321.
Other happening’s taking place in April:
* April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
* Pinwheels for Prevention Garden Ceremony – April 1st 9:30 am at Crittenton Centers – Mayor Ardis to plan to first pinwheel.
* April 26th “Baby Brunch” to celebrate the amazing support of the community wide Fill The Crib baby shower!
For more information about Crittenton Centers:
* Visit crittentoncenters.org
* Call 309-674-0105
* If you are in need of our Crisis Nursery services, please call their direct line at 309-4125.
|Advance Medical Transport||1718 N Sterling Ave, Peoria, IL 61604||Peoria||IL||61604||(309) 494-6200|
|Bushbaby||1125 W Glen Ave, Peoria, IL 61614||Peoria||IL||61614||(309) 643-1404|
|Crittenton Centers||442 W. John Gwynn Jr. Ave.||Peoria||IL||61605||309.674.0105|
|Great Clips||4620 N. University, Suite 2||Peoria||IL||61614||(309) 691-2000|
|855 N. Main Street||Canton||IL||61520||(309) 649-1000|
|706 S. Main||Normal||IL||61761||309-452-4432|
|3820 Octavus Via Dr.||Springfield||IL||62703||217-679-4423|
|1017 Charleston Ave East||Mattoon||IL||61938||217-235-6765|
|3419 Freedom Dr.||Springfield||IL||62704||217-698-1500|
|2726 N. Dirksen Parkway||Springfield||IL||62702||217-670-1338|
|1984 Freedom Parkway||Washington||IL||61571||309-508-7444|
|4655 E. Maryland||Decatur||IL||62521||217-864-0300|
|110 S. Chatham Rd||Springfield||IL||62704||217-698-1000|
|7424 N. Orange Prairie||Peoria||IL||61615||309-643-1844|
|2023 S. Neil St.||Champaign||IL||61820||217-954-1970|
|1701 E. Empire||Bloomington||IL||61701||(309) 433-9100|
|833 W. Jackson St||Morton||IL||61550||(309) 266-9500|
|1911 Sangamon Avenue||Springfield||IL||62702||217-753-5332|
|202 E. University Suite G||Urbana||IL||61801-1794||217-328-3011|
|10405 N Centerway Dr. Suite A||Peoria||IL||61615||(309) 243-8600|
|215 E. Ash Ave. Suite F||Decatur||IL||62526||217-872-1920|
|1203 W. Ferdon St #5||Litchfield||IL||62056||217-324-6660|
|2194 Woodfall Drive||Charleston||IL||61920||217-345-0505|
|2769 Veteran’s Pkwy Room C01||Springfield||IL||62704||217-787-8717|
|1522-B W. Springfield Rd||Taylorville||IL||62568||217-824-2118|
|1700 Parkway Plaza Drive #3B||Normal||IL||61761||(309) 454-2100|
|3416 N. Veterans Drive||Pekin||IL||61554||(309) 346-5700|
|805 W Camp St||East Peoria||IL||61611||(309) 427-5900|
|1715 Bradford Lane, Ste. 120||Normal||IL||61761||(309) 454-3700|
|1304 Thelma Keller Pkwy #108||Effingham||IL||62401||217-342-4030|
|4811 N Rockwood Dr.||Peoria||IL||61615||(309) 679-2050|
|4111 N. Vermillion #4||Danville||IL||61832||217-443-2750|
|Hy-Vee||7610 N. Orange Prairie Rd||Peoria||IL||61615||309-686-5920|
|Just Kidz Dentistry||1320 W Northmoor Rd||Peoria||IL||61614||(309) 271-7049|
|124 Eastgate Dr #3||Washington||IL||61571||(309) 282-1907|
|Peoria Civic Center||2010 S. W. Jefferson Ave.||Peoria||IL|
|WEEK||2907 Springfield Rd.||East Peoria||IL||61611|