WEEK Television, Inc. the NBC and ABC affiliate in Peoria, Illinois has an immediate opening for a IT Support Specialist/Engineer.
This position is responsible for all areas of end user support, including building and maintaining Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, managing servers, printers, backups, end user applications, basic IP networking skills, cabling, and all other related systems and equipment.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide all areas of desktop client support for local and remote employees
• Build and manage Windows and Mac desktops and laptops
• Build and manage Windows servers, file shares, backups, and plans for disaster recovery
• Manage local Active Directory user accounts, passwords, and access to local resources
• Set up work areas, including docking stations, monitors, and printers
• Install and support Microsoft Office and other client applications
• Work with Corporate IT to support local employees use of company applications
• Maintain and manage station IP data network
• Work with Corporate IT to administer, install, and troubleshoot edge network equipment, to include routers and firewalls
• Work with broadcast engineers & newsroom to support all broadcast automation systems
• Maintain station phone system and voicemail, to include add/remove employees
• Process trouble tickets in the company helpdesk system
Associate Degree minimum and experience in the computer industry. Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems, VM systems, Mac Computers, Telephone and VOIP interfacing, LAN layout, and maintenance, as well as Knowledge of data switches, routers, and storage devices is necessary. Familiarity with Business software applications such as Microsoft 365, Creative applications such as video editing software and Broadcast industry applications are extremely beneficial.
WEEK is proud to be a Gray Television, Inc station that supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray stations operates leading digital operations in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television stations in 85 markets across the country.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Interested candidates should send resume and any other appropriate information to:
2907 Springfield Rd.
East Peoria, Illinois 61611
WEEK Television, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.