BLOOMINGTON (WEEK) – A second teenager has withdrawn from school instead of facing possible expulsion for his role in fights that happened earlier this month at Bloomington High School.
Three brawls happened at BHS September 13 sending the school’s resource officer to the hospital.
Monday, a parent took the student out of school and enrolled him in the Regional Alternative SAVE program, said District 87 Superintendent Barry Reilly.
Last week, a female student also withdrew from BHS and enrolled in the SAVE program.
The District 87 School Board in recent days unanimously voted to expel two other students, one of them for the rest of this school year and the other for all of next year as well. However, Reilly said students enrolled in the SAVE program will be allowed to return to BHS next year if they get good grades and stay out of trouble at the alternative school.