Skip to Content

Grease left on stove leads to overnight apartment fire in Peoria

MGN_1280x960_80827C00-IACAK

PEORIA (WEEK) -- Fire officials say grease left unattended on a stove is what led to an apartment fire in Peoria early Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called to 2138 N Wisconsin Avenue around 2:15 a.m. regarding smoke in the building.

Upon arrival, crews saw fire and smoke coming from the upstairs window of the two-story, two-unit apartment complex.

Officials say the occupant of the apartment was already outside when they arrived on scene and had suffered a minor burn on their arm.

Crews evacuated a second tenant for safety purposes, but there were no major injuries reported.

Crews put the fire out quickly and used a fan to clear smoke from the area.

Investigators estimate the cost of the damages is around $15,000.

Author Profile Photo

25 News

Skip to content