NORMAL (WEEK) - The Normal Town Council is moving ahead with $1.1 million worth of street resurfacing to begin later this month.
The council approved the low bid from H.J. Eppel & Co of Pontiac to resurface portions of several roadways.
The following streets are set for resurfacing:
• Bakewell Avenue (Marian Avenue to Summit Street)
• Bakewell Avenue (Fairview Street to Orlando Avenue)
• Summit Street (School Street to Fell Avenue)
• Crestwood Court
• Charlotte Drive
• North Walnut Street (Lincoln Street to Shelbourne Drive)
• Bright Drive
• Tilden Place
• Summit Street (Walnut Street to Beech Street)
• North Maple Street (Summit Street to North of Summit Street)
• Roland Drive
• Chester Drive
• Ironwood Drive (Foxwood Run to #604)
• Tanger Court
• Hanson Drive (West of Windsor Drive to Blair Drive)
The roadwork is expected to be finished October 1.