PEORIA (WEEK) - Local health leaders are revising data from the past two months, showing 16 more COVID-19-related deaths in Peoria County, while the Tri-County region of Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford Counties reported 66 new coronavirus cases on Friday.
There was a delay in reporting fatalities, according to health officials. So on Friday, they added 16 deaths, bringing the total to 271 in Peoria County, and 571 in the Tri-Counties.
Information released Friday revealed the youngest person who died in Peoria County was a woman in her 40s. Health officials said four of the dead were nursing home residents. Three of them, a man in his 60s and two men in their 70s, lived at Sharon Willows in Peoria. The other, a woman in her 90s, lived at Country Comfort in Elmwood.
A man in his 80s was the only fatality reported Friday in Tazewell County.
Of the 66 new COVID-19 cases, 32 were from Tazewell County, 21 from Peoria County, and 12 from Woodford County..
Of the 34,201 cases in the Tri-Counties since the start of the pandemic, 97% are considered to be recovered, .05% are hospitalized, and 1% are at home in isolation, health officials said.
Area hospitals are reporting five ICU beds and 25 non-ICU beds are in use by those who have tested positive for COVID-19 and those under investigation for having the virus. That compares to Thursday's data showing nine ICU beds and 22 non-ICU beds in use for people who've tested positive or were being investigated for having COVID-19.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Illinois COVID-19 numbers here.
- For mobile testing site locations, click here.
- You can catch up on the latest 25 News coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news, and weather updates.