Skip to Content

Dogs revived following Canton house fire

house fire generic

CANTON, Ill. (WEEK) -- Two dogs had to be rescued and revived from a weekend house fire in Canton.

The fire happened around 3:30 PM Saturday in the 800 block of North 9th Avenue.

There, firefighters found heavy smoke, and requested off duty Canton firefighters, and mutual aid from Buckheart and Copperas Creek Fire Departments to cover the city.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out.

No one was injured.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in the area of the furnace, but are unclear if it was a mechanical failure or electrical that caused it.

John Kendall

Skip to content