(WEEK) -- Health officials in the Tri-County area are reporting eight more COVID-19-related deaths Friday, bringing the area's total to 475.
Tazewell County is seeing the largest increase with six additional deaths for a total of 207.
Peoria County is reporting one new death for a total of 211 and Woodford County is seeing an increase of one additional death to bring its total to 57.
The local health departments are also announcing 274 new COVID-19 cases, to raise the area's total to 29,833.
Peoria County is reporting 172 of those new cases for a total of 14,800.
Tazewell County added 80 cases to bring its total to 11,822 and Woodford County is seeing an increase of 22 cases for a total of 3,211.
Of the 29,833 total cases in the area, 89% are considered to be recovered, while 9% are at home in isolation and .19% are hospitalized.
The area hospitals are reporting 24 ICU beds and 72 non-ICU beds are currently in use by those who have tested positive and those under investigation of having the virus. The hospitals are also reporting two additional deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Illinois COVID-19 numbers here.
- For mobile testing site locations, click here.
- You can catch up on the latest 25 News coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news, and weather updates.