(WEEK) -- An additional 5,862 COVID-19 cases and 97 deaths are being reported by state health officials Wednesday.
The latest report from the Illinois Department of Public Health brings the death toll in the state to 17,840 and the total number of cases to 1,046,030.
The state's rolling positivity rate is being reported at 8.3%.
Region 2, which includes the Peoria and Bloomington-Normal areas, is seeing its rolling positivity rate dip to 8.5%.
As of Tuesday night, 3,642 individuals throughout Illinois were reportedly hospitalized with COVID-19, with 749 of those in the ICU and 386 on ventilators.
The IDPH is also reporting a total of 384,658 vaccines have been administered, including 48,811 for long-term care facilities.
Total Cases Change All Time
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Illinois COVID-19 numbers here.
- For mobile testing site locations, click here.
- You can catch up on the latest 25 News coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news, and weather updates.