PEORIA (WEEK) -- The Peoria Police Department, along with the city, will be closing its lobby but some services will remain open to the public.
Services at the PPD that are not suspended include:
- Sex Offender Registrations
- Vehicle Tow/Impound Releases
- Fingerprinting for the Illinois Department of Professional Regulations (i.e. nurses/physicians or other state departments requiring fingerprinting for licensing reasons)
- Interviews as required in the furtherance of police investigations
Suspended services include:
- Photos for outside government ID’s (ex. Family Core)
- General fingerprinting for public and non-urgent circumstances
- Clearance letters (for prospective employees, adoptions, Visa applications, etc)
Anyone looking to use police grounds as a safe location for the exchange of goods can still use the parking lot on Walnut, but camera coverage will not be continuously covered. If you are using the lot, call 309-494-8301 to ensure monitoring if necessary.