SPRINGFIELD (WEEK) -- State health officials are reporting 2,166 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, as well as 25 additional deaths.
The latest report by the Illinois Department of Public Health brings Illinois' total number of cases to 295,440 and deaths to 8,696.
The seven-day positivity rate through Sept. 30 is at 3.5%.
In the last 24 hours, labs have reported 65,615 tests for the virus, bringing the total to 5,690,437.
Hospitals are reporting, as of Wednesday night, 1,635 cases are in the hospital, with 359 of those in the intensive care unit and 149 on ventilators.
The latest deaths reported by the IDPH are:
- Bond County: 1 male 70s
- Champaign County: 1 female 80s
- Christian County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Cook County: 1 female 40s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 100+
- Crawford County: 1 male 70s
- DuPage County: 2 female 70s
- Fayette County: 1 female 70s
- Franklin County: 1 male 70s
- Jersey County: 1 male 80s
- Kendall County: 1 male 90s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 60s
- Madison County: 1 male 90s
- McHenry County: 1 male 40s
- McLean County: 1 female 70s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 70s
- Tazewell County: 2 female 80s
- Williamson County: 1 female 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 70s
Confirmed Cases Change All Time