Skip to Content

Electrical wiring determined to be cause of Wednesday morning house fire

PEORIA (WEEK) -- A Wednesday morning house fire was determined to be caused by an electrical short.

Peoria firefighters and paramedics responded to the 800 block of Northeast Jefferson at around 10:30 a.m.

Crews arrived on scene to find heavy smoke coming from the upper level and attic space, according to a release from the fire department.

Due to burned out stairs to the upper level, additional crews advanced an attack hose line to the upper level through an attic window off a ladder.

A search for occupants yielded none.

No injuries were reported.

Damage is estimated to be $40,000.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1095482984182097&id=134125540317851
Author Profile Photo

25 News

Skip to content