SPRINGFIELD (WEEK) -- State health officials are reporting 1,941 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday to bring Illinois' total to 266,151.
An additional 35 COVID-19-related deaths were also reported by the Illinois Department of Public Health to bring the statewide total to 8,367.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 9 – September 15 is 3.7%.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 52,311 specimens for a total of 4,863,138.
As of last night, 1,565 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 345 patients were in the ICU and 143 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The latest deaths reported by the IDPH are:
- Bureau County: 1 male 80s
- Clinton County: 1 male 90s
- Coles County: 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 male 50s, 2 females 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 60s
- Hancock County: 1 male 80s
- Henry County: 1 female 60s
- Jasper County: 1 male 60s
- Kane County: 1 female 70s
- Lake County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s
- Lawrence County: 1 female 80s
- Livingston County: 1 male 80s
- Macon County: 1 male 80s
- Madison County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Massac County: 1 female 90s
- Peoria County: 1 male 90s
- Perry County: 1 female 70s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 70s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s
- Wayne County: 1 female 50s
- Will County: 1 male 70s
- Williamson County: 1 female 90s
Case Change Over Time