BLOOMINGTON (WEEK) - Bloomington's city government is calling off some major events, and taking other steps aimed at reducing the chance for coronavirus cases to occur in the area.
The city-run Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts, known as the BCPA, will be closed through August 12.
Three events at city owned Grossinger Motors Arena have been called off.
They are Friday's Guns & Roses hockey game, Saturday's Lauren Daigle concert, and the Indoor Farmers Market on March 21.
The city also made the following announcements on Thursday:
- The City's Senior and S.O.A.R. programs administered through the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts department will be closed through April 12. This includes the Senior Center in Miller Park.
- Business travel by city employees is not permitted through April 12.
- Select boards and commissions meetings may be canceled between now and April 12; Check the city's website calendar for cancellations.
- People registered for Senior and S.O.A.R. programs through the Parks department will receive credit on their accounts for canceled programs.
- People who have tickets to canceled events at the Arena or BCPA will be contacted with more information.
The city is reminding residents they can pay bills online and over the phone.