Issued by National Weather Service – Chicago, IL
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 6 AM CST SATURDAY…
* WHAT…Mixed precipitation expected. Snow will begin mid to
late afternoon and continue into this evening. Snowfall is
expected to be moderate to heavy at onset, with rates of one
half to briefly one inch per hour in the evening. The snow will
change over to sleet and freezing rain by late evening before
becoming all rain after midnight. Total wet snow and sleet
accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of up to
two tenths of an inch possible.
* WHERE…Grundy, Kendall, La Salle, Ford and Livingston
* WHEN…From 2 PM Friday to 6 AM CST Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…A lull in precipitation is expected
Saturday morning before a strong cold front brings rapidly
falling temperatures, scattered snow showers, and strong
westerly winds gusts of 45 mph Saturday afternoon.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for Illinois can be obtained on the
internet at www.gettingaroundillinois.com.