Skip to Content

One Person Hospitalized After Overnight House Fire

PEORIA (WEEK) – Peoria firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 800 Block of  East McClure Avenue  after a fire broke out around 10:45 Thursday night.

According to Peoria Fire Investigators, the fire was due to a unattended candle left burning.

Upon arrival Crews found heavy flames coming from the first floor, and the front of the home.

Both people inside got out, one was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and burns, while the other refused treatment.

A cat was also found dead on the scene.

Crews say it was a difficult fire to contain due to the heavy involvement of the front porch area, which had
burned the incoming power lines, energizing the weather-head.

Crews remained on scene for about 3 hours due to extensive overhaul for hot spots.

The Fire Investigator says the damage is estimated to be at $60,000.

acwalker

Skip to content